11.09.2010

A good laugh to start off the month...

On the very first day of November, on our way to school, Hallie gave me a great laugh. Our conversation went like this...

"Eeewww gross! Dad, did you see that guy throw his cigarette on the ground?"

"No Hallie, was he smoking?" I replied.

Hallie responded, "Yeah he was and then he littered and threw it on the ground...too bad he doesn't have Jesus in his heart."

"You know Hallie, just because someone smokes doesn't mean they don't know Jesus...he might have Jesus in his heart and just have a bad habit in his life that he can't break."

In the most serious of tones, she replied, "You mean someone can have Jesus in their heart and be a smoker?"

"Yeah," I replied.

After a long pause (the wheels were really turning now), with a chuckle in her voice, "Well he must REALLY want to see Jesus then, cause that smoking is gonna kill him fast!"

I was laughing so hard...I wish I could have recorded the conversation, because her tone was so witty and grown up!

No comments: