The events of the past 36 hours are too many to tell...Natalie and I have been on an emotional roller coaster that I cannot hardly begin to describe, but include the birth of our precious baby girl, Brylie Anne (19.5", 7lbs. 6oz), at 7:56am on Tuesday, October 28, 2008. She is a precious gift from our Heavenly Father above and words cannot describe our love for her. My eyes welled up with tears at the sight of her and knowing the incredible miracle of life that God has chosen to bless us with once again.
Next, I must say thank you to all you prayer warriors...I believe that the literal thousands of you out there that were praying for my wife and I yesterday morning, had a hand in petitioning the Father above, to keep Natalie here with us. She made "an incredible turn around" in the words of our doctor. I told him that we were blessed to have so many people praying for us!
For those who don't know exactly what all has happened, Natalie was diagnosed with placenta previa about half way through the pregnancy. This is a condition where the placenta blocks the opening to the uterus, making it impossible for the baby to come naturally. Natalie's condition, however, was actually placenta acretia (embedded placenta in to uterus wall). This was a much more serious situation, and was not diagnosed until she began hemorrhaging in the O.R. after being sewn up from her c-section. The bottom line was, that Natalie lost almost 60% of her blood volume in the course of about 60 minutes. The doctor later told me that she was about 5 minutes away from massive organ failures throughout her body...it was very much a life-threatening situation. I can honestly say that I have not ever been so scared in all my life. I caught just a glimpse of what someone might be going through, in losing their spouse. Praise God our prayers were heard! Natalie is slowly recovering, needing 5 units of blood and more drugs than I could imagine anyone taking into their system.
By the way...Hallie and Kaden LOVE their baby sister as much as Natalie and I do! Please continue to pray for Natalie's recovery...we have a ways to go yet, as her body is weak...yet our Father is strong and mighty and I know that He will continue to heal her! I must run back to the hospital to be with two of my girls tonight...Enjoy the brief video clip below of Brylie as she tests out her lungs!...and again, all I can say is thank you all and Praise God for prayer warriors.
7 comments:
Congratulations! She is beautiful, we'll continue to keep all of you in our prayers.
Congratulations! What a cutie! I wish I could be there to help you guys and hold Braylie! I will continue praying for Natalie's recovery and rest for everyone! I will be glad when I get to hear Natalie talk again! Congrats!
Brylie is awesome. She DOES look like Hallie.
Praying for you guys...
Great Grandma and Grandpa Kolter say... We love you all and we're so glad to hear that Natalie is improving! We continue to keep you in prayer. You have a beautiful baby girl! Hallie and Kaden we know you are proud of your baby sister.
Love you,
Grandma and Grandpa
Your baby girl is a sweetie! I have been praying for you. Lori called me the night before the delivery to ask me to pray. I have been and praise God for the miracle He has done in you. I will continue to pray for you in the weeks ahead.
Love, Karen
Travis and Natalie- God is so good!! I've been praying for you all and SO glad to hear that Natalie is doing better. Brylie is so precious (as are the other two! I can't believe how much Hallie looks like Natalie!)!! I will continue to pray for Natalie's recovery. You're right- our God is mighty.
~Libby Luginbill
we are so glad to hear Natalie came out ok. And what a cute little girl you have added to the family in Brylie! Congratulations!
Post a Comment