9.02.2008

Updates...in September???

Is that really possible...it can't be September already!  Amazingly Labor Day has come and gone.  It is hard to believe that I am 3 weeks into my school year at Orange Grove Middle School here in Tucson.  We have been settling into our rental (in as much as that is possible) and feeling very blessed to be healthy and together.  

Hallie is loving kindergarten and has new stories for us each day about her little friends, her teacher, her special classes, or of course...the lunchroom experience.  Natalie has a few stories of her own that she could share, related to her once-a-week lunch time visits with Hallie.  I cannot fathom what a cafeteria full of 125+ kindergarteners must be like...I am sure it ranges somewhere between chaos and "I'm gon
na pull my hair out." Of course, I had to include cute pics of Hallie and her teacher, Mrs. Celaya (sell-i-uh) at the end.

Kaden is loving kindergarten too...not really, but lovi
ng that kindergarten for Hallie = one-on-one time for Kaden and
 mommy.  They have spent much time at gymnastics, swimming, splash parks, playgrounds, shopping (this was a discussable item), and a place called "Pump It Up" that I can only let the video describe...sorry it's just a commercial. 


Seriously though, Kaden loves this place...and what 3 1/2 year old ball of energy wouldn't!

Natalie is also doing well.  She has been super mom as of late and is working hard taking care of our family, and preparing for our new little one!  The baby room is ready to go and if you asked Natalie, I'm sure she'd say she's ready to go too!  It has been a pretty rough pregnancy for her.  Thankfully the baby is no longer breech, however, after the most recent ultra sound, the placenta previa is still an issue.  Natalie is still on strict "no strenuous exercise" restrictions, which is about driving her bonkers, along with a 
20 lbs. weight restriction on lifting items (including 3 1/2 and 5 -year olds).  Please pray that this will take care of itself in the next month or so...it is our hope to avoid a cesarian delivery.  Of course, a healthy baby and mom of of utmost importance.

It has been great to hear from many of you in recent weeks.  We greatly anticipate the possibility of seeing friends and family that might venture out west in early 2009 (we're hearing rumors)! :)

Here are the promised pics:

Hallie and Mrs. Celaya
                                                      Kaden walking Hallie to School.

Kaden at the Splash Park

1 comment:

Jordan said...

sounds like things are going well in Tucson, Trav! Are you enjoying your principalship? I am proud of you. I am praying for Nat and the baby, your fam, and the selling of your home.

We miss you already!

I am starting a NICU month at St. Vincent and applying to residencies. I may or may not have applied to University of Arizona. :)

God bless you! I love you, cuz.